I've Seen This Diamond Cut Through Harder Men

Here's another Top Secret memory courtesy of the scanning project: a villain's multi-level underground stronghold.

I distinctly recall drawing this up after a mid-80's viewing of Where Eagles Dare - those with a keen eye may even recognize a room or two on Level 5 inspired by those in Schloss Adler (and look for a nod to Remo Williams on Level 6). There aren't any sharks with frickin' lasers on their heads, but this should still be a fun romp for players who want to storm a bad guy's stronghold, a la Where Eagles Dare or Star Wars. Drop this location under the helipad on the Ville D'Arc island, and you've got one massive Big Bad's lair.

With its underground setting and multiple levels, this map really shows, IMHO, my dungeon crawling roots. I'll let you decide:

. . . . .

Comments

  1. "Arm yourself, because no one else here will save you!"

    Still got my Top Secret box set, never really got to run TS that much though. The gang kind of adopted Mercenaries,Spies, and Private Eyes, and it got used for most contemporary espionage games.

    I'll have to get TS out again and reread it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! You guys with the map-making skills! I am positively green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @E.G.: I always wanted to give MSPE a try, but not so much so that I was willing to set aside my beloved Top Secret to do so. :P One of these days, though, I will have to check the game out.

    JB: Yeah, you and me both. :P It's been ages since I've drawn a map with a pencil, a ruler, and a sheet of graph paper. While I know I still have the skills, I wonder if the creative juices have dried up in favor of computer-aided map making. (And then there's the damn carpal tunnel syndrome...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment