A blog about games, gamers, and various and sundry geek culture-related ephemera and paraphernalia.

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Ghouls All Came from Their Humble Abodes

Here's another post in - ahem - the spirit of the season: a scenario I whipped up for a recent session of Call of Cthulhu: In the deep woods of northern Massachusetts, the PC's (or, since this is CoC, the "investigators") are about to become embroiled in a family's dark and deadly secret... will they survive the "Horror of Halloran House?"

(A few caveats: There are no stats given for the antagonists in this scenario, but you should be able to pull everything you need from the CoC rulebook - I did! Also, I had to pull the floorplans of Halloran House from the document, since they were modified versions of something I took from one of Chaosium's supplements.)

Click here to download the "Horror of Halloran House" in PDF.

Check out these links if you're in need of third-edition character sheets or minion master sheets.

2 comments:

  1. Nice. You had the hair on my neck standing on end by end of the third paragraph.

    The Dungeon World stuff is also very good. I liked the tectonic activity with the Wyrmspines and the consequences it had to Hullbite Bay. Nicely done.

    I hope all things in the real world are beginning to look up.

    ReplyDelete