No Swimming in the Heavy Water

And no dancing in the acid rain.

While we're on the topic of post-apocalyptic games (see yesterday's post), here's another record sheet for you. This one's not for a post-apoc role-playing game, though - it's for Ganesha Games' awesome little Gamma World-esque miniatures game, Mutants and Death Ray Guns.

I wouldn't say that MDRG is a perfect game, but it's got an awful lot going for it. Its simplicity makes it easy to learn and play. Its easy-to-read two-column format and black-and-white illustrations remind me of the old-school RPG's I cut my teeth on. Its rules-lite nature also makes it a cinch to house rule - which, being the tinkerer that I am, I love (and which I know is also a big attraction for a lot of old-schoolers).

What's even better is that you don't need to buy army books and proprietary miniatures to properly play the game. All you need is the core rulebook, some ubiquitous gaming accessories (dice, pencils, etc.) and whatever minis you happen to have sitting around. (We play the game using a combination of other games' lead minis and plastic Dungeons & Dragons, Mage Knight, HeroClix, and HorrorClix miniatures - and even an old Disney Hercules toy.)

Simple, easy-to-learn system, lots of tables to roll on, a 40-page rulebook, and a game that lets you roll lots of dice and move little toy men (and women) around the tabletop - I ask you: how can a gamer go wrong? Oh, and did I mention that the game costs only $8 (US)? If you like Gamma World and playing miniatures games, do yourself a favor and buy this game.

Anyway, enough proseletyzing - here's the Mutants and Death Ray Guns four-character record sheet:
. . . . .

Comments