Gameplay: Module B2 - Background, Part II (House Rules)

As I promised, here is a link to (some of) the house rules I'm using in my current Moldvay/Cook Basic/Expert campaign. Most of these are a culmination/clarification of house rules I've used over the years, and they seem to work fairly well.

The newest additions are the Starting Hit Points and Serious Injury rules. We've only used these in one game so far, but I think they work very well. The combination of higher starting HP and serious injuries has thus far lowered PC mortality rates but still managed to keep the players adhering to the "Colonial Marines Approach to DungeoneeringTM." ("We come here, and we gonna conquer, and we gonna kick some, is that understood?" "They're coming outta the walls! They're coming outta the goddamn walls! Let's book!" "Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!" "We'd better get back, 'cause it'll be dark soon, and they mostly come at night... mostly." You get the idea.)

So, have a look. If you decide to try out any of these house rules, please let me know how they work out for you.
. . . . .

Comments